Unit 3 English - Adverb Clauses

Adverb clauses of purpose, contrast and time


Adverb clauses answer the questions, why, when, how, or where something happened:

I left the party early because I wasn't feeling well.

Adverb clauses with because, since, and so that answer the question why:

I can't go out tonight because / since I have a lot of homework.

Adverb clauses with when or whenever answer the question when:

When (ever) I have to speak in front of the class, I get nervous.

Adverb clauses with though, although, and even though are used to introduce a different or surprising idea:

Although / Even though / Though the cell phone was expensive, I bought it anyway.

Additional Resources


Share This:    Twitter  Google+

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alicia Vazquez 2018. Powered by Blogger.